Daily News Egypt

E coli bacteria leads to death of British tourists: Egypt’s prosecutor general - Daily News Egypt

Advertising Area




Advertising Area




E coli bacteria leads to death of British tourists: Egypt’s prosecutor general

John died of ‘heart failure,’ Susan from ‘gastroenteritis,’ states Egyptian Forensic Medical Authority’s initial report


Egypt’s Prosecutor General Nabil Sadek on Wednesday said that the E coli bacteria was a factor in the deaths of a British couple who died suddenly in a Red Sea resort this August.

According to the report, John Cooper, 69, was suffering from health problems, but the E coli bacteria caused him to suffer from “heart failure,” which led to his death, while his wife Susan, 63, was also likely to have been affected by the E coli bacteria and died of “gastroenteritis,” according to the Egyptian Forensic Medicine Authority’s initial report.

John and Susan Cooper were vacationing with their daughter in the Steigenberger Aqua Magic Hotel in Hurghada, Egypt with 301other holidaymakers.

The daughter, Kelly Ormerod, said that her parents died within hours of each other on Tuesday, adding that they had no “health problems” before their holiday.

Following their death, the travel company hosting the couple and 301 other holidaymakers, Thomas Cook, decided to evacuate its guests from the hotel as a “precautionary measure.”

Moreover, the authority’s initial report showed that the couple died of natural causes, and that there is no suspicion of criminal activities, whereby the report stated that there were no “bruise marks,” present on the tourists’ bodies.

Advertising Area



https://eklutdvotyzsri.dailynewssegypt.com/2018/09/12/e-coli-bacteria-leads-to-death-of-british-tourists-egypts-prosecutor-general/
Breaking News

No current breaking news

Receive our daily newsletter
Subscribe